Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New Years Goals

New Years Goals 
I'm not usually one who get's behind making 'New Years resolutions', but do stand behind setting long term goals through out the year. I am constantly setting and re-evaluating my goals and plans, and the start of  January allows for a great opportunity to establish some new goals for the upcoming months. I've set two goals for the new year. The first of the two, is to work on my listening. 

  New Years Goals
At times my listening skills are not as strong as I my speaking skills. I'm thinking about what I'm going to say next and not always paying close attention to what is being said to me. I know that there are even occasions where sometimes the to-do lists and ever running thoughts in my head tend to speak louder then the people I am with. Allowing myself to listen to the thoughts in my head instead of the voices of others in the room with me, can make me feel not present in situations, and a bit lost in conversation. I have got to work on my listen to people. 

New Years Goal

In 2012 I also want to spend some time learning to listen to me. Last year was a medically exhausting year for me. I know that this one won't be any calmer. I am slowly learning what life with chronic migraines means, what things effect me and how I can manage them. I need to learn who this new me is, and the best way to do that will be to stop and listen. I want to integrate yoga and meditation into my life, and experience listening to what my body is saying on the inside. I need to pay attention for little cues my body gives off letting me know we have reached our physical max. I have got to also work on listening to me. 

New Years Goals

Here's to a happier, healthier New Year and keeping all of our goals! 

3 comments:

Eleanor said...

I am the same way when it comes to listening...my brain keeps moving instead of absorbing. Reading is the best way for me to let things really sink in.
Love that stripe shirt, btw!

Mrs. Bennett Has Class said...

Listening is a good goal. I am the opposite, actually. My goal is to still be a good listener, but talk way more. I have so much to say that I'm too shy to say sometimes.
I certainly hope you have a healthy, pain-free year!

Marie said...

I need to close the laptop and get to the gym now! love the blazer, RL is the best.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
I'm having a giveaway...