Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Home sweet Home...

Johnny and I are moving into an exciting time in our lives. The time when we stop writing a monthly check to our landlord, and instead start writing a check to the mortgage company. We've spent the last few months searching for our perfect first home. Our weekends are full of house hunting, and floor plan discussing and our weeknights have been taken over by phone call making and getting tips on HGTV. 

In the words of Carrie Bradshaw, " I've been cheating on fashion with furniture". We may not have a house just yet, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been dreaming and pinning as though we do! The downside to renting for the past 8 years, is that I've never been able to pick out paint colors or make modifications to a home. Suddenly, we'll be in a place where I can do whatever I want ( as long as Johnny okay's it of course!). To help stream line my thoughts I've been pinning every image that I think could work in a future home. 

Home Decor Collage
I've also been spending lots of time searching through Etsy, looking at pretty pillow covers and artwork. 

No Whinning

( Hopefully! ) Soon we'll have a home and I can put some of these ideas into action. Until then, keep up with my pintrest to see just where my head is at! Check out my pintrest to see the original sources to the above images, and what else I've been pinning lately!


No comments: