Monday, March 05, 2012

Make-up in the age of technology

No Pants, Pants

I have been seriously lacking in the 'making myself look pretty before I leave the house' department as of late. I have a train case full of pretty make-up, and a drawer full of great hair products but each morning I feel bothered to do little more then lather my face with lotion before heading out for work.

No Pants, Pants


With no good reason as to my sudden lack of desire to improve my appearance, I knew that I needed a good swift kick in my pants. I spent some time last week watching Youtube videos full of product reviews, makeup tutorials and style inspiration. It was somewhere around hour 4 of video watching that it hit me that I had learned more about make-up application in the last few hours then I have in my entire 25 years of life. Most of what I knew had come from hours of trial and error and from a book by Bobbi Brown I checked out of the library when I was 14 and spent most of my summer pouring over.


No Pants, Pants

I couldn't help noting that most of the Youtube videos I watched were hosted by teenage girls. Apparently they learned the art of make-up application with the help of technology, and not from their local library. I cleaned out my train case last week, and placed an order with my favorite make-up company E.L.F. for some new products. It's time I broke out of my slump and joined the teenage girls of america!

No Pants, Pants

Do you have any great make-up tips or tricks I can give a try?  

No comments: